Friday 8 May 2015

Plexo Cell's Redeeming Qualities

One day in the prismatic arena, where all the commanders play hard and making a single mistake can be the end of your army, neXi made a dumb mistake when he pushed buttons too fast by building an extra conduit in a Xeno guardian into Redeemer opening.


"GOD DAMNIT"


"Hey buddy, you know that's not a blastforge, right?"


The game wasn't over just yet, it was just beginning, but obviously my opponent was going to beat me in this opening, however my opponent opted to build Xeno Guardian into more income, perhaps looking to put down more pressure the next turn. I looked hard at the set, trying to come up with a solution. 

The next turn the opponent teched into blue, Then I teched into blue, then he built a Xeno. By this time, I had 6 green saved up, and then I noticed my lord and savior.



Plexo cell and redeemer were certainly an interesting combo, and I figured if he was going to delay in putting pressure on me, I could Plexo cell and Redeemer on the same turn, without heavily telegraphing what I was doing like you usually would if you were going to go into Redeemers. 

The first Redeemer I lost an engineer for, but the second one was absorbed onto the first redeemer. Even though you are prone to green flooding with a build like this, you can mass Redeemers very quickly, and your opponent will more often than not be unable to see it coming.

I found this synergy to be super cool, and it allows you to mass damage ridiculously fast. If your opponent has less than 4 damage, then you can build a third easily aswell. Or you can build more engineers the turn before and force it if you really want to. You can also skip a turn to build a wall, and then go for a 3rd.

Thanks for reading, neXi ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment